Zoysia grasses are warm season grasses native to China , Japan and other parts of Southeast Asia. Zoysia turns brown after the first hard frost but are among the first warm season grasses to green up in the spring.
Please note that like all turfgrass, Zoysia grass is a living plant, not a miracle grass. When properly maintained, however, Zoysia grass will deliver years of an aesthetically pleasing and functional lawn.
- Winter color: Evergreen to moderate dormancy depending on latitude.
- Hot weather tolerance: Excellent/thrives in hot desert areas.
- Cold tolerance: Very good/has survived near 0 degrees F.
- Spring green-up: Excellent.
- Shade tolerance: Very good.
- Wear resistance: Very good.
- Salt tolerance: Excellent/thrives on coastal islands.
- Mowing height: 1.5-2.5 inches (Can be mowed 1 inch when maintained properly).
- Recovery from injury: Slow.
- Use: Lawns/residential, commercial.
- Root structure: Deep.
- Drought tolerance: Extremely drought tolerant.
- Texture: Soft to the touch.